Sunday, January 22, 2006

What makes a good legislator?

Justin and Justin have come to Neal Hendrickson's defense. They point out that voters shouldn't (and usually don't) evaluate a legislator based on the bills he or she sponsors.

Good point. Thank you.

I meant no disrespect to Representative Hendrickson. I only moved into his district a month ago and hardly know the man. I just found it odd that, at the time of my earlier post, he was the only representative who had not sponsored or co-sponsored a bill.

So how should voters evaluate their legislators? I mean, assuming the person shares my political views, what makes a good or bad legislator?

I know this whole thread has nothing to do with Utah's appellate courts. But its been a slow week at the courts, so I have to find other things to occupy my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter